Friday 7 May 2010

Evaluation:

My year 13 media project was based on Taylor Swift. I had to make a CD cover, booklet to go inside the CD cover and a poster to promote the CD. I also had to make a music video to go along with this. The song I choose to do was Taylor Swift ‘Should Of Said No’ This is a county and western pop genre.

In what does my media product, use to challenge forms, and conventions of existing media products?
My CD case does not challenge any codes and conventions as in order to gain ideas of how I would like my CD cover to look, I copied one of Taylor Swifts existing album covers. I had a close up as the main image which allowed us to see who the artist was and gain an insight to how she is likely to be represented in her music video. The fonts used were basic and simple easy to read, however I used effects to highlight the writing in order to make them more noticeable. I kept this theme going within my booklet as well.
However my Music video challenges the codes and conventions of pop/country music video’s this is because at the start of my video I used photographs fading from one to the other, I decide to do this as I thought it gave an insight to who is going to feature in my video and help the audience establish the relationship's that will be taking place.


How effective is the combination of my main product and my ancillary tasks?

My main task was a lot harder to produce then my ancillary tasks, as I had the Photoshop skills form last year, I was able to keep the same theme throughout my poster, CD cover and booklet. I did this by using the same fonts, colours and images (of the same person.) However when it came to my main task, I had to story board and look at other existing videos to work out the codes and conventions of county/pop genre’s. By doing this I was able to keep the main artist the same and put her in cloths she may have been seen in throughout the book. I think that both of my tasks were effective and worked well together, as it kept the same theme throughout.


What have I learnt though my audience feedback?

My audience feedback taught me a lot more then I thought it was. I was able to discover that my target audience was not just young/ older teenage girls but boys as well. I found this out though comments I received by people when I asked. I asked a lot of people what they thought of my video and some said they enjoyed it, yet some said it needed more work. This has made me more aware that if I choose to do a project like this in future I should prepare my time more wisely and carry out tasks in order to allow me time to change them. Quite a few people liked the fact I challenged the codes and conventions at the beginning and said that it worked well, they also said that the black and white shots have a dramatic effect and show how things were in the past.


How did you use Media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

In order to begin my media project I needed to use the internet to gain knowledge about other genres, I had to choose one I would like do for, for instance pop, rap, country etc. once decide I had to use sights such as YOUTUBE to look at other existing music videos to story board how I would like mine to look. Wail doing this all of my research was going onto my blog to keep it all together in a way that could be easily found. I used Photoshop to make my ancillary tasks, and as I said I had the knowledge from last years project so was able to make them to my full ability. As I had never used the editing software before I wasn’t to sure on how to do this, I think this reflects in my work. I would like to no more about how to edit and different ways in which I could do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment